Wednesday 13 January 2016

Lush 'Honey I Washed My Hair' Shampoo Bar Review

This is amazing.


The 'Honey I Washed My Hair' shampoo bar' is a little round bar and looks tiny (mine's 55g) but it's fantastic. I can't get over how good this smells - it's like caramel and sweet without being overpowering. Before I used it, it gently filled the room with the amazing scent and now my bathroom smells great.

I'd never heard of a shampoo bar before, I'm used to liquid in bottles, so I was intrigued by this. I was concerned it wouldn't lather much as it's a solid bar, but it did (I was in a sweet scented lathery cloud). You can lather it up in your hands and apply to hair, or rub it directly onto your head. I have a LOT of hair, so applying it right to my hair was better, but I'd say if you have short hair put it on your hands first.

It's very light, easy to wash out and my hair is noticeable softer. My hair can get sleeker/smoother depending on the product but because my hair type is coarse, I've never thought that it could be soft. Also, my hair smells gorgeous afterwards.

Lush is known for using natural ingredients, and the shampoo bar is full of them. The main ingredients are honey (good for taming hair - mine is very thick and a little wild), sweet wild orange oil (adds to the scent) and bergamot oil (for cleansing).

Apologies to my foot scrub

I was worried that it'll do what soap does after use and become a soggy mess but it holds its shape. You can buy a shampoo tin from Lush, but I've heard they tend to get stuck in them when they're wet (I may have to get one for travelling anyway). I just rested it on a flat surface and it glued itself to said flat surface, so I'll need to find a better way of storing it.

The only real downside is that it can dry out your hair and you have to use conditioner, if you don't already. However, I used a regular conditioner and my hair was fine.

I bought it for £5.95 which is more than my usual shampoos. But, apparently, it'll last 2-3 times longer than liquid shampoo so if that's true it's very good value for money. Also, did did i mention how good this smells?

I loved that it doesn't come with excessive packaging - just bought it in the store, they put it in a paper bag (which is biodegradable). I'm trying to move into cruelty free makeup and beauty products, and Lush is known for producing cruelty free, environmentally friendly, vegetarian friendly and occasionally vegan products.

Really really love this shampoo bar and I genuinely don't want to use anything else ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment