- I've been going to quite a lot of theatre shows to review them for The Reviews Hub. I went to see Ensuite (a coming of age one man show), an opera The Tales of Hoffmann, and Simon Armitage's new play Odyssey: Missing Presumed Dead. All really good shows, writing reviews is a tough challenge especially when it gets to about 1am but it's worth it!
- Going to write a play script for the first time - I'm trying to write as many formats as possible. So far I've done poetry, short stories, had a go at a novel, scripts for screen and radio - now it's theatre. Starting was scary as I have no experience with playwriting and since I review shows, it would be really hypocritical if I wrote something abysmal. After some flapping about with nerves, I just dived in and started. The best way to learn is to do it.
- I went to see Frank Turner at Bristol and it was one of the greatest gigs I have ever been to. Frank Turner is folk-punk and he writes the most beautifully honest songs with incredible storytelling lyrics. Also, this was show 1791 for him - the man REALLY knows how to play a gig.
|The most beautiful man in folk-punk|
At one point over a thousand of us did star jumps to a song, we danced with strangers, he did a bit of crowdsurfing I managed to get right to the front and it was such an amazing atmosphere. Some gigs will just stay with you for life.
This is the first song I heard from him:
Real Life and Other Nonsense
- Dissertation proposal has been approved - now to actually do it...
- A friend and I went to Cakeadoodledo which is a lovely cafe, check out the post here.
- Been applying for jobs to prepare for the real world after uni. Send me luck!
That's about it - hope you all have a lovely week!