Monday 6 July 2015

The Big Moisturiser Collection Review

Why would anyone have more than one moisturiser? Surely you just have the one, use it up and then get another? So why on earth do I have EIGHT

Patronizing family members. That's why. There's a lot of peering at your teenage skin, tutting and then you can expect some face products on your desk as a back-handed gift. 

I'm no longer a teenager, but I have graduated from those years with a fair number of products. So when life gives you lemons, you write reviews.

To let you know, my skin type is sensitive and dry, so what I look for in a moisturiser is hydration without it being irritating. 





(Left to right)

1) Boots Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser SPF15
I really don't like this moisturiser. It's basically watered down sunscreen - very runny with a strong sun-cream smell and leaves your skin unnaturally white. This doesn't moisturise well at all - I'm trying to use it up and I have to layer another product on top for my skin to be hydrated. The only redeeming factor is that it was cheap, but still a waste of money.

2) Clean & Clear Morning Energy Skin Brightening Moisturiser 
It's got a pleasantly refreshing smell as it contains lemon and papaya extract, although it can be overpowering if you use more than a 2p coin sized blob. It sinks into the skin well, and I love the pump. It makes using this more hygienic, it pumps out the right amount and there's less mess. It's also a really small bottle so it's perfect for travelling (and the pump locks when you twist it to the side).

3) Good Things Manuka Honey Daily Moisturiser 
This isn't ideal for really delicate skin like mine as it's quite thick but I can imagine this would be perfect for those with dry skin. When applied, it's nourishing but does tend to stay on the skin for a little while before being absorbed. It has a really gorgeous sweet smell and mauka honey is considered magical in the beauty world. The bee venom element confuses me though - I'm not sure what that does for you??

4) Lancôme Hydra Zen Day Cream SPF 15
THIS.
This is one of my most favourite moisturisers of all time. It has the perfect consistency for application, gets absorbed immediately and hydrates completely. It has a delicate, light scent and with the SPF it's an ideal day cream. The downside is that it's a tiny tub (50ml) and it's so expensive at £39.50 in Boots - I only own this because it was given to me by my big sister who bought it as part of an offer.

5) Clean & Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturiser 
I used this through most of my teenage years as it was oil-free and light (although a little watery). It's a good basic moisturiser to use at night and day, and at a very affordable price of just over £2. However, it does have a slightly unpleasant chemical smell.

6) Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Light Moisturiser SPF15 UVA/UVB
You can probably guess from the fact that I have three creams from Simple that I'm a fan of them. They always tick all the boxes and they're designed for sensitive skin like mine. This is a really good day cream, giving a light coverage but it's enough to keep your skin hydrated. The SPF is always a plus, but the bottle is a little annoying as it can just squirt everywhere if you're not paying attenion

7) Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Night Cream
This one is a little rich, but it really nourishes your skin. The pump bottle and the lid is a good touch as it reduces mess and it's the right size to travel with. Which is something I should have done instead of buying:

8) Simple Kind To Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream 
Yeah, I bought another Simple night cream. I left the previous one back home when I went back to the wilderness of uni (I got tired of lugging my skin care stuff to and from home). I'm not too keen on this one - it's got a strange smell that I can't describe. It's not unpleasant, just unscented I guess? It leaves the skin hydrated, but it's pretty sticky and doesn't sink in too well, so I'm trying to use this one up.


And that's all my moisturisers! This was borderline exhausting to write.

Let me know if you like this sort of post where I discuss a collection, or if you prefer individual posts about products. Also, if you have any recommendations, let me know and I might try them out! I have so many that I've probably passed the point of no return.

And please tell me what bee venom is good for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment