Monday 13 April 2015

Writing Update #8

I'm back! I have some spare time (sort of)! It's been nearly .... 2 MONTHS? I'm so sorry.

Writing
  • Big news - I'm now officially an award winning poet! I entered my university's Paddon Award competition and somehow ended up receiving first place in the finalists' evening. I'll talk more about it in a later post, but here's a recording of me performing the poem.
  • My editorship at Exeposé has ended, which is immensely saddening. However,  I'm now the print editor of Razz My Berries Magazine, a uni publication I love. The online editor and I have been messaging and sharing ideas, and we can't wait to start.
Music
  • MUSE. They're releasing songs from their new album, Drones, and I'm obsessed. I saw them live for the first time a month ago, fulfilling a life-long dream and making my 14 year old self very emotional (expect a sentimental post soon). Also managed to meet the whole band after the gig, which was mind-blowingly amazing.
This was their opening song. Apparently it's too explicit for radio (there's a lot of F- words), but it is INCREDIBLE live. Also - they've been playing that riff at live shows for almost as long as I've been alive, so was really exciting when it was finally used as a song!

My camera couldn't cope with their light show, but Muse are beautiful people

Real Life and Other Nonsense
  • I'm back in my home town, hoping to pass my driving license. Third time lucky, eh? (*internal sobbing*)
  • Exams are ahead, so expect a lull in blogging, then a big burst as I become free.
Have a lovely Easter/Spring Break Whoo Hoo for the Americans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment