Saturday 3 August 2013

Harry Potter Studios



These huge buildings just off a road in Watford is the place where most of the Harry Potter films were shot (when not on location). It's absolutely amazing. If you're a big fan of the films, this will definitely be a great birthday/other special occasion treat! Even if you're not (like me), it's still fantastic for looking at behind-the-scenes stuff.

It was a bit annoying with all the tourists - you genuinely could not move an inch without suddenly having an iPhone in your face. I must've photo-bombed so many holiday snaps

Anyway: here we go (massive post, but this is probably 1/10000th of what there was to see):



The Cupboard Under the Stairs



Mirror of Erised
My favourite prop. Apparently, I have no reflection


 The Fat Lady Portrait

 The Horcruxes


 Snape's Potions Dungeon Cave...thing


 Ministry of Magic


Maurauder's Map


Graphics Section 
Team must've been so happy to work on this, absolute creative freedom




Butterbeer 
Some were pulling faces, some were loving it. I quite liked it - very sweet though and I was glad I was sharing my cup. I'd say it tastes like a mix of cream soda, coca-cola and caramel


The Knight Bus


Potter's Cottage (Actual building...)


4 Pivet Drive



Diagon Alley
Would've been great, but it was a narrow path (actually cobbled ground) and packed with people taking photos

Ollivander's

Apothecary

Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment


Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour


Flourish and Blotts

The concept art
 Really inspiring, definitely my favourite part of it all. I really don't know why concept artists don't get the same level of appreciation as actors and directors - without them, the films would not be what they are - they create it and bring it to life.


Card model of Hogwarts bridge bit






Durmstrang Ship





This was amazing. A model of Hogwarts. They actually used this to film some of the swooping footage of towers etc, and just enhanced the detail later on computers



Got some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jelly Beans. Featuring earthworm, dirt, pepper, vomit, earwax, candyfloss...


Got my house badge!!! Please don't kill me, I just liked all the water imagery on Pottermore D:

Harry Potter Studios? Amazing. Also, I have Emma Watson's hands.


My life is complete


No comments:

Post a Comment